Tuesday, August 5, 2014

I'll let him down easy (My Rez Day Post)

8 o’clock on Friday night I’m still at home
All my girls just keep on blowing up my phone
Saying come on he ain’t worth the pain
Do what you gotta do to forget his name

Now there’s only one thing left for me to do
Slip on my favorite dress and sky high leather boots
Check the mirror one last time
And kiss the past goodbye




Eight years ago today (August 5th), Skye Everidge was born. I didn't know exactly then what that would mean for me. But, there's no denying the huge impact this pixel world has had on my life. I've been bouncing in and out and around for years. I've had long years in gaps of playing and I always find myself back some time or another. Like most people, I hang around and then I'm out for a while. It's like a vicious cycle. 

I began my journey in Second Life almost immediately in role play. I, somehow, ventured into Gor along the era of the first Tarnburg by Navar and Stormie. I fell in love with the people and the stories. Gor was so different back then. I became a bouncy little green caste medic. 

Now, back then, Gor dress was NOTHING like it is now. All the stuff people wear now was just unheard of it and it's quite sad that Gor turned into biker barbies and guys wearing too much eyeliner and droopy pants. 

I remember the days of scouring different markets to try to find pretty dresses to wear since Gor was reduced to these ugly flexi prim poof balls. I'd usually end up in Paper Couture buying their formal gowns and modifying them to fit Gor's standards. It was a lot of fun, pushing the envelope SLIGHTLY and trying to stand out in a sea of plain huge dresses. There were a few of us who were guilty of this. Sometimes I wonder if we were slightly to blame for the way things are today. Maybe we started something that just evolved, literally, until it got to where it is today. I guess there is no way of ever knowing.

Second Life isn't the bad place a lot of people make it out to be, though. Like anything else, Second Life is whatever you make of it. I've had my ups and downs. I'd like to think that everything has come full circle and it's enriched my life in some ways. I know I have made a lot of friendships in this game that I cherish. I've loved, lost, and learned to move on and leave some things where they should be left. I've role played. I've explored parts of my personality that I never would have had the courage to do so in real life.

Will I be around another eight years? God, I hope not. But, I'm thankful for everything I've experienced, for the people close to me on this crazy game and for the memories.

Thank you so much to everyone for all the happy rez day wishes and especially Ziekling who I've included a little #dailytwerk #rezdaytwerk for below:


Enjoy! Now I will stop blabbing. :P

Skin: Glance - Sigrid
Eyes: Dead Apples
Eyeliner: Epoque Essential Liner Pack *New*
Head Jewel and Nose Chain: .Random Matter.
Hair: Analog Dog
Collar, Loincloth and Hammer: The Forge (We <3 RP August 6th)
Bracers: The Forge (Fantasy Gacha Carnival)
Top: Pixicat (Uber)
Arm Cuff: Haste (Former subscriber gift)
Wrist/Hand Tattoo: Paperbag (Cosmetic Fair)
Feet Chains: Noodles
Pose: Purple Poses (Collabor88)
Sim: Lydius by Leviathan Flux

No comments:

Post a Comment